- Experiment-driven development. I design tests to lower uncertainty regarding customer needs and wants.
- Communicator. I listen and coordinate with engineers, designers, executives, and customers to ensure success.
- Process-focused. I’ve implemented new team structures for teams of 50 resulting in improved velocity & morale.
- Iterative Minded. Discovered, validated, and shipped multiple web & mobile features as well as my own iPad app.
- Metrics Driven. Helped grow DramaFever by 300% in subscription sales and 200% in monthly uniques in 2013.
- Entrepreneurial. Planned, launched, and grew my own side business to $5k MRR by July 2014.
I’m Great at: Product development process implementation, Experimental development; Product definition writing, Wireframing, Product ownership, Project management, Market analysis; UX design, User testing, Iterative design; Ruby (on Rails), HTML, CSS, Git; Balsamiq, Keynote, Sublime; Jira, Github, Google Analytics.
I’m Pretty Good at: JQuery, iOS/Obj-C, Java/Google Android APIs, Linux Shell, VIM; Photoshop, Illustrator, Omnigraffle.
Co-Founder & CEO - Populace, Brooklyn, NY
June 2015 - Present
- In charge of product, marketing, business development, and market validation roles.
- Managing user research, product development process, and the design process.
- Creating product roadmap, strategy, and vision for getting product to market by Q1 2016.
Product Manager - DigitalOcean, New York, NY
July 2014-March 2015
- As the first product hire I shaped the product/development process and improved engineering velocity by 10x.
- Implemented more efficient functional Engineering and Creative team structures to match our new Agile process
- Built out a product vision and 6-12 month roadmap based on executive and customer needs.
- Shipped our first major features since Droplet was introduced and began work on several long-term R&D projects.
Co-Founder & Product Lead - BrewCrate, New York, NY
Village Voice Article
July 2013-August 2014
- Developed a subscription beer brewing service. Grew to $5k MRR within 6 weeks of launch.
- Developed business relationships with local retail stores in a bid to bring local business to an online marketplace.
- Built and maintained logistic processes and development workflows to support a growing subscriber base.
Product Manager - DramaFever, New York, NY
July 2012-July 2014
- Collaborated with leadership to design & implement UI and UX improvements to our web product, resulting in 5m+ uniques and a 300% increase in subscription sales in 2013.
- Wrote specifications and managed release & updates of iPhone, iPad, Android, Smart TV, and console apps over multi-year lifecycles. Focus was been on improving revenue streams while increasing engagement.
- Wireframed and rapidly prototyped iOS, Android, Smart TV, and console app interfaces and interactions.
- Worked directly with team of 15+ developers to refine, iterate on, and sequence new and existing web features.
Product Manager & QA Engineer - Hashable, New York, NY
deadpooled in July 2012
January 2011-July 2012
- Developed features, built and maintained a product backlog.
- Owned sequencing of features in order to meet deadlines and ship high-quality products
- Responsible for day-to-day quality of a mobile and web platform, including manual and automated testing
- Created and scheduled beta programs, user testing sessions, and owned internal usability testing
UX Bootcamp, NYC
iOS Bootcamp, Toronto, CA
Ruby on Rails 10-week Intensive, NYC
November 2011-January 2012
The College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, VA
2005 – 2009 B.S., Neuroscience